Here's a picture of me the day before my birthday:
The second week of the month things calmed down a little bit, not much, but a little. We enjoyed a family birthday celebration as Ian turned 15 this year. He has decided that he likes to wear cologne now and his favorite is Ralph Lauren Polo. We've had a couple weeks of giving him related feedback and now he seems to have moved from wearing an excessive amount to a much more reasonable amount. At one point however, I had to demand a cologne-free day. It was designated to be the day after the day that I came in the lobby door of our town home complex and detected Ian's cologne immediately. Problem was that he had been at school for 5 hours at this point ... and had not recently passed through that part of the building. The scent had lingered there all day -- ackk!!
Another interesting development of his personality is his recent obsession with adding BBQ sauce to all his food. Huh? He's tried it on bananas, on potatoes, on cucumber slices and just about everything else. He'd probably like for me to say here that he thinks it would be awful to put it on eggs ... but, he'll eat ketchup on eggs. (??) Help! I don't understand! The teenage years are going to drive me bonkers and right now I should pick up the phone, call my parents and profusely apologize for all the strange things I did when I was a teen (but can't seem to remember)!
The birthday boy on his 15th birthday -- November 8th:

No comments:
Post a Comment