Thursday, February 11, 2016

Grade 7 Fall Portrait

Looking back, I see that I never posted son #2's Fall Portraits.  He's in middle school now, Grade 7.  I was worried before the school year started at how well (or poorly) the transition would go ... he has 7 classes every day plus a short "work on your homework" or "get help from a teacher" period.  So that's 8 places he has to be WITH all the right stuff at the right TIME.  Middle school has so. many. rules.  And so. many. binders.

Oh well.  It's time.  He's growing up, becoming more responsible and ... oh yeah!  He has braces on his teeth now, too!  He got those on between Christmas and New Years.  They will need 20-24 months to do their thing and straighten all the teeth up.

I need to dig out some photos of these things ... be right back.
the original
son #2 grade 7


I had fun playing around with different
backgrounds - which do you like?









The braces experience:
in the chair, just before the fun began
still smiling
no fear


later on the first day
at home

not sure if you can tell in this photo,
but they have about 20 colors to choose from
son chose aqua
his favorite color

Son is managing the braces better than I expected!  He barely needs any pain reliever after a wire adjustment and aside from avoiding a few foods the Orthodontist mentioned would be a problem, he's eating great/normally.  The orthodontist is very nice, by the way.  She's got a terrific bedside manner and made both of us feel at ease right from the start.  She's a winner!

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

I like the social media background and the Japanese background and the science background.

Which one does he like?