Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Favorite Temple


This is the LDS Oakland Temple. In a few days, on Valentines' Day, it will be our 17th wedding anniversary. We became engaged on the grounds of this Temple at sunset on September 1, 1991 (9-1-91) and were married about 5 months later in February 1992. Sometimes people ask me about how we met and when I knew he was the one for me, etc.

We met while working together at PacTel Cellular in Irvine, California. He sat just on the other side of the cubicle wall from me and was working as a Software Engineer at the time. I was hired to do the project accounting for the engine
ering group's expenditures and set up a time tracking system for their internal bills. I apparently took over one of the extra work stations he had set up for other uses ... hey, my boss told me to sit there! Anyway, my first day of work was 13 February 1990. I didn't meet him that day, I only heard his voice from time to time when he'd answer his phone. I actually met him face-to-face the next day (Valentine's Day). I was not really looking to date anyone new at that time, but as soon as I heard his voice, I KNEW. He is the ONE. Crazy, huh?

I feared that he might already be married. Well, much to my delight I discovered that he was single and we began to date and get to know each other and then became better friends .... etc. Now we have been married for nearly 17 years. We have three children and have lived on three different continents together in more than 14 different homes! Three years ago we bought
a home of our own and are preparing to move once again this summer (back to Asia). Our life together has been an interesting adventure and we hope to keep it going for eternity!

Here we are circa 1990:



And last Spring -- April 2008:

3 comments:

LisAway said...

That's awesome! I love those "I knew it before we even dated" stories. You guys haven't changed much at all in 17 years, but I do love the 1990 picture.

kaiserarizona said...

WOW! I cannot believe its been 17 years! Katherine and Charles it feels just like yesterday..ok, well maybe not yesterday but definately not 17 years. Congratulations to you and to the beautiful family you have now.

Tricks are for Kidds said...

Thank you for sharing the special moment with all of us. I loved reading your post and especially loved the pictures. Not too much has changed in 17 years.