Tuesday, February 24, 2009
What DO Scotsman wear under their kilts?
Okay, maybe I shouldn't ask that type of question here on this G-Rated Blog! HA HA! Last Friday night we celebrated the birthday of the famous Scottish poet Robert Burns -- his birthday is actually in January, but we weren't able to get a date lined up in time. This is the second year in a row that Charles has co-hosted this event with our friend Tim Stewart. We had a great time listening to some excellent Burns poetry, toasts to lads and lassies, a piano solo (provided by our friend Amy B.) and of course the unforgettable piper! (bagpipes, that is) The menu was very tasty... including the soup, roast beef, neeps & tatties, trifle and other yummy desserts (I am not fond of haggis, although we had that, too). I can't decide which was my favorite part of the evening .... Charles stabbing the haggis or listening to Scotland the Brave being performed at the same decibel level of a chainsaw (hey, those were the piper's words, not mine!) ... no really, I love bagpipes if they are played properly. Wouldn't really want to listen to someone who is just learning unless I had earplugs. Makes me wonder just who was it who pulled that cat's tail?!? Want to know more about kilts, clans & tartans? Try this site. Charles is wearing a tartan from Clan Douglas. Would you like to know what a Scotsman really wears under his kilt? (I'm not telling!) You'll just have to marry one ... like I did!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment