Fuzzy and RoxyBunnies are important. Because I love them, you see. They are small, cute, furry, docile, sweet, cuddly and vegetarian and I just love them! Brian loves bunnies, too. He has at least 10 stuffed bunny friends in his bedroom, but two of them are his most loved bunnies. They have similar names ... Cute Cute Bunny Fuzzy and Cute Cute Bunny Roxy. Roxy came to Mongolia with us in Brian's carry-on bag. Fuzzy took his chances and came along with our HHE shipment which traveled over the ocean and then by train from a port in China. (It was Brian's choice to do things this way) We are very protective of Brian and his bunnies, as they are special treasures. The bunnies rarely are allowed outside or on car trip adventures because if they were to get lost it would be a BIG problem.
Okay, so on Thanksgiving, just as I was tucking Brian in to bed with his cute cute bunny Roxy he says to me, "Mom, I haven't seen cute cute bunny Fuzzy here in my room yet" meaning that he hasn't seen Fuzzy at all here in Mongolia and alas we've unpacked all of our sea freight.
Hmmm. I am wondering now whether or not he was packed properly for shipment to Mongolia or sent to storage instead ... yikes! We can't live without this very special and important bunny for THREE years!! This bunny is important NOW. Slight panic. Biting lip and hoping that the packers followed instructions ... especially since some other things that were supposed to be shipped here in our sea freight were NOT and they were packed and sent to storage.
I tucked Brian in bed anyway with Roxy under his arm and he says to me while fighting back tears, "I love cute cute bunny Fuzzy."
Ok, next day ... at least an hour of searching high and low all through Brian's room. No luck. Later in the day, Bing bing bing! an idea. Look in Brian's play backpack (not the daily school one) because he used to carry cute cute bunny Fuzzy around in it back in VA. Eureka! Cute cute bunny Fuzzy is found!! Yay for mom. Relief. Brian all happy. Faith in lame packers restored for the moment. Repenting for silently blaming the packers for the missing bunny.
Less than 24 hours later ... cute cute bunny Fuzzy AND cute cute bunny Roxy BOTH go missing. For hours. I'm thinking, "How can this be?" Brian has not taken them outside so they MUST be in the house someplace. I search and search and search. Nothing. Little panic setting in ... that and utter confusion as to what could have happened to these oh so special bunnies.
Time to eat dinner ... not very hungry due to bunny crisis, but ate something anyway. Afterwards, I renewed my search efforts. I was even worried that they might have been put in the trash by someone upset with Brian ... and since the trash is removed from our compound daily, they could be gone forever! This would indeed be a HUGE tragedy for Brian. He loves those bunnies! So I search and search some more becoming completely stumped as to where the bunnies could have disappeared to ... in one afternoon. Then I decide to go through Brian's toys and things one more time ... I pick up a book which was covering part of his castle in order to put it away on the shelf ...
... and ... I ... spot ... THE BUNNIES!! They were shoved down into the turret. Poor bunnies.
1 comment:
Yea for a mom's inspiration!
Post a Comment