
The snow here in Mongolia is very dry and powdery and not much good for building snowmen or snowballs. However, some of the neighborhood kids have used the snowy ice blocks to make snow forts and Friday night we had a few inches of fresh snow and howling winds which blew the old snow into some large drifts near our house. These piles were enough for some snow fun on Saturday. Brian likes to play in the snow and had fun outdoors ... I snapped a few pics. While our snow remains on the ground for months due to the very cold temperatures here, it is nothing like the impressive amount of snow which has piled up at our house in Falls Church! An amazing 2 feet of fresh snow just fell there this weekend. Boo hoo that I missed it. :-/
I need to have a talk with Old Man Winter about that.
Brian behind the (dirty) ice block fort:
No comments:
Post a Comment