In Brian's bedroom there are two large walls with no artwork or mirrors, etc. and since he really loves Thomas the Tank Engine stories and toys I bought these removable, re-positionable wall decorations for him. (Thank you Melita for the idea!) He enjoyed placing them up on the wall today in his very own style and arrangement.

Brian thinks he is part kitty. He has a "purr" schedule. We, the other family members, can earn "purrs" by being nice to Brian or by fixing something he likes for dinner, or giving him a hug, etc. Being also part-numbers-guy he keeps a tally using his Skip*Bo cards taped to his door. The Skip*Bo cards turned face down are equal to zeros. The numbers to the far left are the ordinal placements we've each achieved. Just a little friendly competition, I guess. Literally.
Brian likes to have friends over to play. Today his friend, Cassie, came to play and Brian's room looked like this when they were finished ... yes, like a small tornado had hit! Big toys, plastic food, little game pieces and marbles everywhere.
He's decided (finally) that he likes to ride a bicycle, so right now he's outside riding around with Cassie and playing on the playground here at Star Apts.
He calls this his 'swimming pool' which is his clever justification for being permitted to sit in it. It's really a toy bin ... look! he's cleaned himself up! Now if only I could get him to apply that concept to his messy room ...
I made pizza for dinner ... one of Brian's favorites ... wonder how many "purrs" I'll earn? I need to move up the ranks, as I am tied for last place with Charles at the moment. Note that Brian has put himself in first place with 1,311 purrs. Should I mention that if we do something Brian does not like that he gives us a "hiss"?? You know, like saying, "You need to clean up your room " or "it's bed time .... now."
1 comment:
I was expecting a really hit tornado room. You should see my boys' room when they get into playing, especially when Gillian is involved. That girl can make up a story for every single toy. I love Brian's score keeping. I might use it myself. I miss you Katherine.
Post a Comment