Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book Club Goodbye Party

As the summer transfer season approaches, we attend many fond farewell events with friends. Such is the nature of the Foreign Service life. This past two years I've enjoyed being part of an excellent book club with members from both the Embassy community and the International School community. Some of us will remain here at post for another year, but several long time members are moving away. As part of our May book club discussion and meeting, we enjoyed some birthday cake to celebrate one member's birthday and we made the whole occasion into a "Goodbye Party" as well. I ordered these incredibly yummy mini-tacos from one of Ulaanbaatar's best ex-pat restaurants called Millie's. The owner is Cuban and makes very good tacos. YUM!

Here is one photo I managed to snap while the cake was being cut:



I really hate saying goodbye, so instead I'll say, "farewell friends"!!

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

So fun getting caught up on your life! What have you been reading in book club?