
We've been living in Ulaanbaatar now for nearly two years. I've seen fresh strawberries for sale on only two occasions, not for lack of looking! Brian was very happy when I surprised him with a bowl of fresh strawberries for an after school snack the other day. They cost me about $8.00 and weighed less than a pint ... but he was so happy to have those! Last time he ate some was in Hawaii last December. We are able to get things here which are strawberry-flavored (like yogurt) but it's just not the same. Looking forward to moving next year to someplace with more choices in the fresh fruits and vegetables department.
As a side note ... May was a very busy month with school events, friend's birthday parties, Embassy visitors, etc. but despite all that I was able to plant a garden in the greenhouse! My zucchini and yellow squash plants are doing the best, with the lettuce close behind. The green beans, however, have not come up at all. Maybe the seeds were too old or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment