Thursday, October 13, 2011

Grade 3 Assembly



assembly introduction

Today Brian's Grade 3 class presented skits from their Unit of Inquiry 'Who We Are' at the morning assembly. In true International style, four holidays from around the world were selected and a group of students presented a brief skit focusing on how different cultures show appreciation during these particular holidays. The four nations chosen were Mongolia, Japan, Benin and Australia. There are students in Brian's class from each of these Nations. Brian was part of the Benin group and he and his classmates demonstrated a farmer harvesting his crops and preparing food to give to the King. Only a couple Grade 3 students overcame their shyness and projected their voices loud enough for the paparazzi, I mean parents, in the back of the room to hear. Brian was of course one of them ... although I am sure all of them are capable of raising their voices. I enjoyed seeing the Grade 3 effort at the assembly.



with the King & the farmer


preparing food for the King


taking a bow

fielding questions from the audience



No comments: