A friend posted this on Facebook today. Made me laugh because over the years of this Foreign Service career, we've purchased and had to put together so many items from IKEA. (when I say 'we put together' I really mean 'Charles put together') This situation was the main reason we had to buy a power drill/screwdriver one year! IKEA makes nice looking things that are very functional and affordable. And dare I say somewhat disposable? We furnished our temporary apartment partly with IKEA items when we lived in NoVA for Polish language training some years ago. We sold those items or gave them away after the 10 months we used them. It was still way cheaper to do this than to rent a furnished apartment. Now there are more domestic resources for inexpensive furniture like Craigslist and Freecycle that make this process easier. We also enjoy IKEA when we are overseas, too, but not just for the meatballs! They make the best quality tea light candles and other cool stuff. Too bad we don't have an IKEA here in Ulaanbaatar.
Monday, October 3, 2011
IKEA Funnies
A friend posted this on Facebook today. Made me laugh because over the years of this Foreign Service career, we've purchased and had to put together so many items from IKEA. (when I say 'we put together' I really mean 'Charles put together') This situation was the main reason we had to buy a power drill/screwdriver one year! IKEA makes nice looking things that are very functional and affordable. And dare I say somewhat disposable? We furnished our temporary apartment partly with IKEA items when we lived in NoVA for Polish language training some years ago. We sold those items or gave them away after the 10 months we used them. It was still way cheaper to do this than to rent a furnished apartment. Now there are more domestic resources for inexpensive furniture like Craigslist and Freecycle that make this process easier. We also enjoy IKEA when we are overseas, too, but not just for the meatballs! They make the best quality tea light candles and other cool stuff. Too bad we don't have an IKEA here in Ulaanbaatar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment