Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Land Down Under


We are enjoying a nice break from the frozen solid Mongolia -25 F weather by thawing in the land down under -- it's summertime at Australia's gorgeous Gold Coast near Brisbane. Internet connectivity is surprisingly slow at our hotel, so more photos to come in a week or so once we get back home. For now, here we are hangin' with some 'roos:

Best. day. ever.

We are enjoying all sorts of fresh fruits and other scrumptious foods that we can't get in Mongolia. It's such a simple thing, but to sit and savor an avocado ... ahhhh. We've completed a couple rounds of mini-golf, enjoyed theme parks (Wet n Wild & Sea World), explored the Wildlife Sanctuary to learn about Australian animals, walked along the beach playing in the surf and collecting shells, swam in the pools, soaked in the jacuzzis, shopped at the mall, worshipped with the local LDS congregation, met lots of really nice Aussies and just basically relaxed here where the pace of life is a bit slower than at home.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

melita said...

Merry Christmas, my sweet friend. I'm so happy for all of you enjoying great warm weather down under. We got Charles' email and it all sounds fantastic. I wish we were together, but very happy for your fun vacation. Many thanks for your very thoughtful and sweet birthday present. Life has been busy here, but I'll find some time and write to you in more detail. You are a wonderful friend, and I wish all the best for the New Year! (I'm relentless in trying to convince Elijah to move back to Virginia, just so we can be together.) Much love - Melita