I see that I did not keep the promise I made in my last post to upload more photos from our recent trip to Australia. We've been a tad busy. Upon our return to Mongolia, we embarked on a complicated, crazy project ... moving back to Virginia. Many plans had to be made and details worked out for the logistics relating to this International move. We've had a lot of moving experience, but this time there was an added layer of difficulty in that we wanted to make it all happen in a very short time frame so that the kids could begin school in VA by the first day of FCPS second semester. Our whole family did not move back to VA, however. Although Charles was able to take a couple weeks off and accompany us to VA to help get us set up, he has returned to Mongolia to finish his tour and will likely join us here at the end of the summer.
Sadly, all of this left me no time for blogging over the past two months.
However ... now that the dust has settled from the move, here are some more photos of beautiful Gold Coast near Brisbane, Queensland Australia. (ok, LOTS of photos ...)
actually this one is from Incheon Airport, South Korea
first day in Mermaid Beach on the Gold Coast ... heading to the beach to play
gorgeous white sand and blue water
Broadbeach off in the distance
we learned about echidnas
and it rained on us a little so we wore these plastic rain poncho things while we fed the roos again
and other good stuff
we played at the beach again and collected shells ... the wind made the sea all choppy so we didn't swim
we had a BBQ instead
Next we explored Wet -n- Wild water park ... see Brian being squirted in the foreground? Ian and Ashley are about to get splashed by the large bucket dump
Ian is in the green shirt
Ian rubbing the water out of his eyes after coming down this big slide
Ian, Ashley & Brian are at the far right of this photo ... after a day of water fun
Something more relaxing ... we went fishing and Ian caught the first fish



1 comment:
Oh, I'm so thankful for this post! First of all, how great to see photos of some of the things I'd read about in your facebook updates. :) It sounds and looks like you had so much fun.
And also, speaking of updates, I've been confused about your moving and everything. Now everything is clear and I feel like I'm back in the loop. :)
Post a Comment