Sunday, October 19, 2014
Four More Days
Husband will be here for R&R in four days. At that point, it will have been nearly three months since he left for AFG. We've been able to talk on the phone, exchange email messages and Skype sometimes, as long as he's been "on campus."
Still, three months is a long time and it's definitely not the same as being under the same roof. Even though he's in a danger zone, I haven't completely fallen to pieces, but I have noticed that to cope with stuff while preserving my sanity I've learned to say "no" to people more than before.
I've gotten good at pushing the delete key while reviewing email. (Shhhhh, maybe don't tell about that ...) AT&T even "helped" my cause by degrading the nearest cell tower for about 14 days so I couldn't make or receive phone calls at home. A blessing in disguise, right? (detect the sarcasm)
I'm really looking forward to getting some decent sleep while husband is here. I want to feel rested again. I'm also looking forward to husband handling the "husband always does this" tasks ... and maybe he'll even cook a few dinners? That would be awesome.
And foot rubs, and back rubs, and cheesecake ...
Ok, I'll stop now.
Not sure how the whole sharing the bathroom thing is gonna work out, since I kinda took it over when the remodel was completed back in July; but ... well ... we do have several in the house, right?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Wish me luck for tomorrow, if you please. I am taking the Miata out for a long freeway drive to warm her up then back to the mechanic for a second emissions test. She failed the first time a few days ago, then had about $1600 worth of work done and I spent the weekend doing what the mechanic suggested in running through a tank of premium on the highway. Son #1 and I took a road trip to Harper's Ferry, WV on Friday and then son #2 and I took a shorter road trip to IKEA in Maryland on Saturday. I've clocked more than 200 miles in this short period of time.
If the Miata passes tomorrow, then I get the tremendous pleasure of going to the DMV to renew the registration. In person. Weeeeeeeeee. I can hardly wait!
Calls for loads of chocolate to calm my nerves, don't you think? Especially since the DMV seems to be good at getting on every single last one of them ...
How will you spend your Monday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment