Sunday, October 5, 2014

Photos from the 5-Mile Scout Hike

All photo credits go to the Scout leaders, as I did not join in on this hike.

This is how son #2 spent the first couple morning hours on Saturday.

The 5-mile hike is required for Second Class rank.  They did some compass work on this hike, which is also required.  I have it on good authority that they had fun carrying big bamboo walking sticks and eventually depositing them into the stream (there is a brief video clip, but I can't seem to get it to copy to my computer so I can share it here).
son is wearing red backpack, foreground
scouts stop to check the map

which way do we go?

that way!

son having fun at one of the many stream crossings
son is second to cross

don't fall in!

huge bamboo walking stick!


son is second in this line


talking a break, enjoying some water

No comments: