Wednesday, July 23, 2008

my wild flower experiment

Back in May, I purchased a bag of wild flower seeds for $1.00 and decided to plant them in my front yard to see what, if anything, would grow there. At first, I wasn't sure if the really tall stems were going to be flowers or if they were just weeds. I have been pleasantly surprised by some dainty red, blue, lavender and white flowers which are blooming now. I have no idea what types of flowers these are, but I am enjoying them.






1 comment:

LisAway said...

Pretty! Those are really lovely. I remember when I was a teenager we had a little plot by our driveway that my mom go sick of planting and keeping neat so she just threw a bunch of those wildflower seeds on it and we had the most beautiful, colorful, somewhat unruly garden ever!

I can tell you that the "blue" ones in the second to last photo are Chabry. Greg taught me that last week. No idea how you say it in English, but I love them and they grow all over the place here. All your flowers have such lovely color!