Check out this big mess we still have in our living room ... this makes me want to cry.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
It's Starting to Look a lot like a Kitchen
This week was crazy with everyone starting school, yet still a bit of progress was made on the kitchen. Yesterday I actually put food away in the new pantry units which are in the hallway next to the kitchen (hooray!) and I put some things into the new cabinet drawers as well. We are still living without a kitchen sink or dishwasher or counter tops (the ones in the photos are our old ones we saved to use while waiting for the new ones). And on Friday night (why do these things always happen on Friday?!?) our air conditioner decided that 35 years was long enough and it was ready to retire from duty. Just in time for the remnants of TS Hanna to dump a ton of rain and bring the relative humidity up to 97% for the day. Life might be too boring without all these projects and problems, right? On a positive note, Charles and I can actually read, write & pronounce words in Mongolian and we can say several phrases (knowing their meanings). Not bad for the first week of studying this difficult language.


Check out this big mess we still have in our living room ... this makes me want to cry.
Check out this big mess we still have in our living room ... this makes me want to cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks like a very organized mess, but I hate living like that, too.
Your kitchen is looking great! And congratulations on the Mongolian! I hope it's seeming a little less daunting now that you're actually getting into it. Best of luck there!
Oh, and 97% humidity with no air conditioner? Oh my! I WOULD be crying. I hate hate hate humidity. (Did it remind you of being in China? - was it China? My memory is so bad).
Post a Comment