We had a day off from all other commitments so on Monday we headed to the beach to play for a few hours. We like this place called Sandy Point which is just at the base of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge near Annapolis, MD. Nice day ... sunny, warm, little breeze ... perfect. We even saw one of these right at the shoreline. It was a bit timid, though, and scooted back into the water once we started to hoover around it. I was glad about that, because I would not have wanted to step on it by mistake. It looked so much like a rock or pile of sand. They are well camouflaged. Most of the photos from the day are of Brian as Ashley did NOT want her picture taken. She was content to search for shells and we ended up bringing home about a bucket and a half full of her special treasures.
From time to time the gentle breeze turned to a strong gust so I had to fortify the area around the base of our beach umbrella so it wouldn't blow away. Brian and Ashley thought it was fun to bring me buckets of water so I could "build my own sand castle" under the umbrella. Even so, it still managed to uproot once while I was in the water with B & A, but a nice lifeguard happened to be walking past and caught it for me.
1 comment:
We LOVE being at the beach as a family! Looks like you guys had a really great trip! YAHOO!
Post a Comment