Friday, October 9, 2009

Tupperware -- useful?


For a long time I thought Tupperware was pretty useful as a baby toy ... you know, the things you can safely put in the bottom drawers in the kitchen that your young, mobile child can pull out, drop on the floor, use a teething toys, bang with wooden spoons, etc.

But I was wrong! You see, I've had a new experience (well, many, in fact) here in Ulaanbaatar. The Mongolians don't have much in the way of ice cream, however, there is one brand of vanilla. And, it comes in a ... bag. Yes. They package it in a bag. Makes for very messy scooping! The ice cream usually gets all the way up one's arm to the elbow trying to scoop ice cream out of a bag. I'm not sure which genius thought this was a good idea. Okay, so once you've opened the bag and taken some out ... then how are you supposed to keep it closed until you want to eat the remaining ice cream???? Without it oozing all over the freezer. Dilemma.

Ah, ha! Storage solution -- Tupperware!! It works. Now it's useful for two things. :-)

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Wow. Now that is strange.

I've gotten in the habit of dumping all the crackers and pretzels etc. into tupperware containers here in Poland. Maybe you remember that EVERYTHING comes in a bag over here. Well, everything except ice cream! :)