Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sick Day Activities

The last two weeks have been full of injury and illness around here. All three kiddos were ill with either a cold, the stomach flu or both. Also, Brian had a couple injuries, the main one being a large boil which developed on the back of his leg near his bottom. I can't think of a more uncomfortable place for an injury like that! This injury resulted in a urgent trip to the ER, antibiotics and follow-up doctor's appointments each day for an entire week. He seems to be better now and nearly 100% mended. Ian and Ashley each missed a couple days of school but have now caught up on missed assignments. Of course they missed school picture day because of their illness - ugh! Hot on the heals of his injury, Brian missed another several days of school this past week due to a nasty cold. While he was home recovering he made a new 'bed' next to his books. He slept there the whole week and enjoyed lots of reading time. He also decided that he loves to play with Legos and quietly worked on these projects:


I had lots of extra play time, snuggle time and chat time with Brian the days he was home from school. I liked that. Didn't like that he was sick, but sure enjoyed his fun personality and having company home during the day.

However, I am ready now to get back to a normal school attendance schedule starting tomorrow and take my nursing hat off for a while. I'd love to have healthy kids for the next several months or longer (please, pretty please?).

Right around the corner we'll have a week-long Fall break from school with a fun Halloween celebration at the end. Time flies when you are having fun! I love Fall :-)

No comments: