Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School


 Today is son #2's first day of fifth grade.  I snapped this quick pic as we headed out to the car this morning.  Until he's able to do stairs, I'll be driving him to/from school.  We get to go though the Kiss-n-Ride!  Cool, huh?  Instead of just dropping him off, I parked and went with him to his classroom.  Mostly because he had about 30 pounds of supplies to carry in and they wouldn't all fit in his backpack.  His classroom is upstairs on the second floor, but there's an elevator he can use.

After 2 1/2 months of a great schedule which did not require an alarm clock (best thing about summer!), I woke up kinda early today.  As in 5 am early.  Ick.  I didn't actually get out of bed, though, as I was hoping to fall back asleep.  The excited teenagers who were up getting ready (they have to leave at 6:20 am to catch their bus) made just enough noise that I couldn't quite get back to sleep.  By the time I sat down to eat breakfast, three hours later, I felt a little bit like this:


Maybe I'll have time for a quick "cat nap" today before I have to go pick son #2 up at school.

No comments: