Son #2 wasn't that interested in making a fast racing car, but he did make a car (husband helped with the sharp tool parts) and named it "Serpentine 725." He painted it green and adorned it with various decals of snakes and flames.
I survived the event, just barely. Asking me to be there early on a Saturday (I'm NOT a morning person) and sit patiently for the race to begin (15 minutes late, as I knew it would) all the while trying to ignore the parents not bothering to parent their children is .... well, too much. It's too much to ask. I knew I should have stayed home when I saw son #2 come to me in tears because the mediocre adults set his car on the track backwards and of course it came in last for that heat.
Thankfully, husband asked them to run that heat again and set the car properly. Which they did, but not until the very. bitter. end. Thanks so much for the extra emotional burden. That's what I LIVE for on a Saturday morning.
![]() |
| yes, that's dad putting the wheels on my car |
![]() |
| standing by the winner's before the race |
| lookin' sharp for the close up |
| lots of tools adding powdered graphite to the axels |
| a closer inspection |
| focus. concentrate. that's an inside joke ... from a funny Harry Potter game |
| lots of cars, ready to race son's car is front row, third from the right |
| there it is! flames, snakes and all trying not to chomp that Hershey's bar in the back row |
![]() |
| son receiving his Communicator and Readyman activity badges AND his Webelos rank badge |
![]() |
| two of my favorite scouters |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was the Blue & Gold Banquet. It went ok. Again, early Saturday morning events are not my favorite, but still I sucked it up and got up an extra hour earlier than early to make a breakfast casserole to contribute. I was kind of happy to do it because one thing I am less fond of than early Saturday morning events is early Saturday morning events with a super sugary (pancakes and donuts type sugary) menu. No thanks. So, breakfast casseroles were very welcomed.
Son #1 surprised me and opted to attend. Just proves that teenagers WILL get out of bed early on the weekend for events offering food ...
I was thrilled he came along because I had someone to talk to since husband had some duties to attend to and son #2 was busy with the cub activities. Son #2 looked sharp in his uniform and Webelos cap.
Oh, and husband got a special award! That was pretty awesome.
And it only took about two hours and several pieces of chocolate once I got home to push my reset button so that the whole day wouldn't be tainted by the mediocre, early morning event sans good parenting by most of the attendees.
| we. need. food. please. |
Just two more Pack Meetings then I'm all done with Cub Scouts. So. excited!




No comments:
Post a Comment