Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Arrow of Light

Ok, so last week I mentioned I was working on a crafty type of project ... and that I would display the results on the blog this week.  My amateur not-so-crafty efforts actually turned out okay and last night son #2 and one other scout received their Arrow of Light awards at the Cub Scout Pack Meeting (my last one -- happy dance!).

Using felt fabric in the Cub Scout colors, braided blue & gold yarn, a wooden dowel, an arrow, some very sharp scissors and quick-dry fabric glue I put together this pennant:


You can read about the Arrow of Light details and significance here.

Here are some photos of the organized chaos occasion:

husband and both sons;
all three have earned the Arrow of Light

one of the activities of the evening;
drawing a family tree on poster board

son #2 receives Languages & Cultures belt loop and pin
from the Cub Committee Chair
during the regular awards section of the meeting

Husband with Akela just beginning the Arrow
of Light ceremony

listening intently to Akela

son #2 (in blue shirt) and his friend who also received his AoL

about to cross over the bridge and join the Boy Scouts

crossing over, no longer a Cub -- now a Boy Scout

receiving his Boy Scout Handbook
 from the Assistant Scoutmaster
and some applause from the other scouts

He is ready to start a new chapter now on his BSA journey.  Good job, son #2!

No comments: