I spent this past weekend listening to the live Internet stream of General Conference while I scanned more than 400 old photos from 1992-1994. I also looked for a few for son #1 to submit for the Senior Wall at his school. After Spring Break, parent volunteers will cover Senior Wall in the Senior Hallway with 3-5 photos of every senior (I think there are about 450 seniors this year). Son wants to for sure submit this one:
This photo was taken on Lantau Island, near Hong Kong, in 2000. We went for a visit to the giant Buddha statue at the Po Lin Monastery. Son #1 was about 4 1/2 years old then!
Husband and I took a nice walk yesterday between conference sessions since we needed to stretch our legs and the weather was so nice. We walked about 2 miles and went past a couple ponds near our house. We saw fish! and turtles and squirrels and birds. Thankfully the pollens are not out in full force yet, so no allergy problems. Lots of plants are starting to bud and flower, though. It will be soon! This is the time of year I hope for many rain storms to wash away the heavy pollens. I don't like how unproductive I am when I have to use antihistamines.
This morning before school, I took son #2 to his last follow-up appointment with the surgeon/podiatrist who did the surgery last summer. Son #2 can walk nearly perfectly now! The best news is that he will NOT need surgery on the other foot. YAY! See my happy dance?!? So relieved about that. We have some summer plans and they don't include laying around in a cast ...
Happy Monday everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment