Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Brian and I baked some gingerbread today. It was fun and he is a good helper. Here he is wearing one of the aprons Grandma Marge made and gave to me for Christmas when Charles and I were first married. She is very talented and made matching His & Hers aprons. This one looks very cute on Brian -- he wears it well. I love how he has his hands in the pockets!

Granite makes a great gingerbread roll-out location!




It was Brian's idea to make some round ones so we could make "smiley faces" on them. We used a toothpick to poke little holes for the design.


Enjoying the fruits of his labor ...



A few days ago Charles and I put up our snowman and several strings of Christmas lights to decorate the front of our house. Some year I'd love to get those neat light-up reindeer for the lawn -- I love those! It looks much better in person, but anyway here's a couple pix of our efforts:

1 comment:

LisAway said...

I love the decorations!

I'm planning on making gingerbread somethings with the kids for the first time ever this year, and it totally has me thinking of you, as I remember your gingerbread cookies you brought to the branch party all those years ago (or it seems like Charles had made those?) Mmmmmm!