Sunday, December 28, 2008

thumbs up for scalloped potatoes

On Christmas Eve I made salmon, sweet potatoes, green beans & scalloped potatoes with fresh dill (from scratch) and it was oh so good! Lots of cream = lots of calories, but also lots of taste! Ian is giving his thumbs up approval of the dinner. Recently it's been hit-or-miss on children liking what I cook for dinner. Kind of gets frustrating to figure out a meal that all 5 of us will eat & enjoy. Kinda makes "reservations" more appealing ...

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Sounds delicious!

I know. I just stopped caring. If they don't want to eat it, they don't have to (well, they always have to eat whatever's on their plates, but sometimes we only put a few bites on there. Also, I make fairly boring stuff that we all mostly like, anyway. It must be hard for people who like to eat interesting foods to feed their children! :)