Monday, September 14, 2009

Appliance Compliance

Our family of 5 generates tons of laundry each week and recently I've been having dryer issues. One day it popped the circuit (which may be a "Mongolia" issue rather than an issue with the actual machine) and then another day after drying two loads of laundry back to back it just quit working (like it got too hot or something). Anyway, today an electrician came and determined that the sensor has failed so he went and got me a new dryer and installed it a few minutes ago. I happened to peer out the window at the right time to see how the old machine is being transported away ... it's those cool trash collector bicycles again! I think that's neat. I love that the Mongolians use manpower for the things that they can. There's enough pollution in the world, so I'm glad they aren't adding more. Now if I could only get them to build and use a recycling plant and to stop burning coal in the winter ...


No comments: