Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Anti-Horn-Blowers???

Last Saturday Charles and I spotted this sign while we were out shopping. We didn't have our camera at the time so I took mine along today during errands and stopped to photograph this funny sign.

At first glance, you may be concerned that Mongolia is anti-brass players (heh heh) ... but actually drivers here are always honking their horns out of impatience for whomever is driving too slow in front of them or to give the "I'm squeezing through next to you and making my own lane in the process so don't move into the space I'm about to claim" signal. This area must have a hospital or something thus the "DON'T TOOT YOUR HORN" road sign. Funny!

2 comments:

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

That is hysterical!

One of my other favorite signs is in Virginia Beach...it's the same shape with the cross-out / sign, and the picture underneath is "@#*&!@$" It is supposed to stand for no bad language, so whenever we get really upset now we shout all the symbols on the top of a keyboard. It seems to help a lot! : )

LisAway said...

Hee hee. :)

They actually have that sign in some of the national parks here in Poland just as a Don't Make Too Much Noise reminder.