Friday, September 4, 2009

The Zaisan Walk



I walked up a lot of steps today ... round trip was over 600 steps to get to the top of Mount Zaisan. You can read more about the history of Zaisan here.

Breathtaking views of Ulaanbaatar from way up there! The temperature was about 40 F at the bottom ... at the top with all the wind, it was just below freezing. A group of young athletes came to work out (they were *running* up the steps) so I didn't take any photos of the incredible mosaic at the top. Next time. There is a walking group that goes every Friday, weather permitting.

After this walk, my quads were talking to me. Not used to that many steps! And we are at a higher altitude here in UB than I'm used to, having lived in Falls Church the past 5 years.

After the walk, the group went out to lunch at this cute place.

Good times.

No comments: