Trash. Here in Ulaanbaatar they do not have a system for recycling yet. It feels so strange to throw away glass, plastic and cardboard items and not recycle. Ugh. For 3 years we will be throwing stuff into the landfill (I have no idea *where* they take the trash outside the city, but am curious). I think it is interesting how they collect the trash from our home. We have a regular style trash can placed just outside our garage and each day the employees here at our housing compound come around and collect from each trash can/bin. Then they cart it away (literally) using manpower ... on bicycles. Cool!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Talking (about) Trash
Trash. Here in Ulaanbaatar they do not have a system for recycling yet. It feels so strange to throw away glass, plastic and cardboard items and not recycle. Ugh. For 3 years we will be throwing stuff into the landfill (I have no idea *where* they take the trash outside the city, but am curious). I think it is interesting how they collect the trash from our home. We have a regular style trash can placed just outside our garage and each day the employees here at our housing compound come around and collect from each trash can/bin. Then they cart it away (literally) using manpower ... on bicycles. Cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure after your time in mongolia, NOT having people come using real manpower to cart away the trash will seem so unusual... funny how perceptions change with different experiences!
Post a Comment