Friday, May 21, 2010

Creative Arts

Last night was ISU's Evening of the Creative Arts. There were about 18 performances including hip hop dances, pop singing, poetry recitation, piano solos and classical ensembles. Ian and Ashley are members of ISU's orchestra and performed a medley from The Sound of Music. The orchestra is small, but mighty, with 5 violins, 1 flute, 2 clarinets, a piano and one euphonium. They were great! Using our old 3.2 megapixel camera we got a few shots from the 2nd row of the audience. So, the photos are kinda dark. Other works of art were displayed around the corridors of the school and on the walls of the gymnasium. There are many talented artists at ISU! One of the pieces Ian has made in art class, a painted wooden stool, he modeled after Rothko's style. He'll get to bring it home in a few weeks when school breaks for the summer. Ashley, an aspiring author, read Jane Eyre and composed a poem about it. Her poem was also on display last night.

1 comment:

melita said...

I'm so proud of Ian and Ashley. I can't wait till my kids get to be in an orchestra. I love the art inspiration. I wish I could read Ashley's poem. Good choice of inspiration source, Ashley! And I would love to see a picture of Ian's art work.