Saturday, May 10, 2014

Spring Concert: Strings

Son #2 just finished his second year playing violin at his school.  He has lessons at school once a week and learned several new pieces this year.  One of my favorite pieces (ever) is Canon in D by Pachelbel.  A very lovely rendition can be found here.  Son played second violin this year in the orchestra's performance a couple nights ago.  Not only did they play the Pachelbel classic, but they also performed a Star Wars piece and an upbeat crowd pleaser called Happy Hoedown.  I limited myself to only a couple photos mostly because son was not in the mood for a paparazzi experience that particular night.  Also, I have no video recording to share because the acoustics in the school gym don't really lend themselves to a fine recording and these things are always better in person anyway.

Son did not want any photos taken during the warm up ... see?

"Mom, go away.  Please.  You're embarrassing me.
I will not smile for you now."

 But later, after the concert, he acquiesced and posed for this one:


Post show tradition ... Baskin Robbins:


No comments: