Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ashley's home!

This morning we picked up Ashley at Girl Scout camp. The camp is located about 60-75 minutes drive from our house near the Potomac River. She had a great week of activities and made some new friends after the initial homesickness wore off.


She was cold this morning (okay, it was about 61 F) so instead of simply putting on her jacket, she wrapped herself in this plastic shower curtain . I am still trying to figure this one out. Maybe she tripped, fell, hit her head and knocked out some of her brain cells during the week? Maybe it's the new pre-teen fashion statement? Maybe shower curtains are good insulators? Anyway, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm just glad she was happy to see us. (Note of explanation: she had the shower curtain in her duffle bag because the campers were all supposed to bring a tarp or other plastic thing 4'x6' for sleeping under the stars ... this is what she wanted to bring -- hence the old shower curtain in her bag)

Near the luggage pile ...


Hugs for everyone! Especially glad to see dad.



Along the route home, there were several produce stands with locally grown yummies. We stopped at one and purchased some items.

Sniffing the peaches ...


Aren't these the cutest egg plants ever?

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Welcome home Ashley! I'm sure a plastic shower curtain would warm you up (and get you sweating faster than most things! Great thinking. Oh, and it's cute.

But NOT as cute as those eggplants! Oh my! I've never seen such light, two-tone eggplants! I see why they're called "fairy tale eggplant!"