Friday, August 8, 2008

Out to lunch!

Today Ian and I had a unique opportunity ... to go out to lunch. Just the two of us. That hasn't happened for a long time. Since Brian was at school, Ashley was at Girl Scout Camp and Charles had a training class, Ian and I had some time to ourselves. One of our absolute favorite places to eat is Baja Fresh. YUM! Ian's pre-teenage tongue is under the influence of weird taste buds. Let me explain ... he likes to mix Fanta (orange flavored soda) with Root Beer and Lemonade. YUCK! But, okay, he likes it and calls it "Dr. Ian's" drink.

Yummy grilled chicken burritos

My sincerest 'thanks' go to Ian's long time friend Ethan who taught him how to turn his straw wrapper into a snake (you know the kind where you scrunch up the wrapper and then add a drop or two of your drink -- in this case Dr. Ian's soda -- and watch it stretch) I wouldn't have wanted Ian to pass through childhood and arrive at adulthood without knowing this secret of physics ...

2 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh, I could sure go for a nice chicken burrito right about now. Oh, wait, it's after midnight...

Thanks for explaining what that last shot is of. NASTY! I though it was some gross worm.

And when we were growing up we would always put some of every drink in our cup and called them "suicides." Love that Ian has come up with his own signature blend, complete with name.

And I'm loving the pink!

LisAway said...

Oh, and I love your "sincerest 'thanks'". It's like a perfect oximoron created by the addition of quotation marks.