I made a new playlist about a week ago and it has really helped me with my treadmill sessions. I had a regular walking schedule while we lived in Mongolia and friends who encouraged me to walk to various places (it was much easier than driving in many cases -- the traffic is so bad there). In addition, our home had 60+ stairs so just simple tasks like laundry helped me get in some extra exercise without really planning to exercise (my favorite kind!). However, once I returned to the US, I gave myself license to eat whatever I wanted (oops) since many of my favorite things were absent overseas and I missed them, a lot. I also stopped exercising. And started Netflix-ing. Bad combination. Very bad.
When I went for my annual physical and stepped on the scale, it was pretty disappointing, but not surprising. Now I am steadily working on exercising more and taking better care of myself. By writing all this down, I hope to be more accountable.
These are the songs I listen to while walking -- they help me keep a comfortable pace of 3.0 miles per hour and they have a good beat for using the hand weights, too:
No comments:
Post a Comment