Once a year, in the Autumn, on some super secret schedule, my favorite grocery store stocks the shelves with all things pumpkin. I've tried many of them and they're all good. This year I spotted something new! Pecan Pumpkin Oatmeal. I'm not a huge fan of hot cereal, but I have been known to occasionally stray from my usual breakfast of plain Cheerios and hot cocoa to enjoy some oatmeal or something else (if I go out for breakfast, I always like an eggs, toast, hash browns sort of meal. ok, and bacon).
So, I got a box of this attractive Pecan Pumpkin Oatmeal to try -- behold, the empty package:
Wow!
So, so good.
So very good.
And of course I went back a few days later to get some more and they were completely out of stock. No more until next year. [sad face] Even the Trader Joe's that's 6 miles further away didn't have any. Yes, I drove there to find out.
So, I don't get it. If a product is popular, why don't they order more of it? They don't mess around with sales and all that stuff like volume discounts etc. ... everything is always a nice low price and very fresh merchandise. Oh well. Whatever. I will just have to be first in line for when it comes in next year. [not sure I can be that patient ... husband, stop chuckling]
In other news ... today marks the completion of week 16 of husband's 52 week UT [Unaccompanied Tour] so that means we are 30% done!! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment