Monday, June 1, 2015

Young Chess Master in the Making

I think I've posted before about how much son #2 likes to play chess.  He took a week long class last summer which got him started.  He's learned quite a few moves and if you're not paying attention, he'll get you with his 4-move check mate.

He's about 80% finished with the chess merit badge for scouts and a couple months back he took First Place at the 6th grade chess tournament at his school!  It was pretty neat because son didn't know that a monetary prize would be awarded at the end; he was just playing because he loves the game!




Here he is with his favorite chess opponent ... playing uber long distance chess via Skype, a metal music stand and the iPad:



I think it was a snow day that day.  Guess who won the game?     it was white :-)

No comments: