[warning -- massive complaining ahead!]
Ian is home sick today. It irks me because he was just fine yesterday when he got to go to the movies and see Prince Caspian in the morning complete with slushy, popcorn & candy then we went to Ian's friend Ethan's house for an afternoon BBQ where he had more food, snacks & treats and the kids all ran around for 3-4 hours playing. So, he had all this fun and now he can't go to school because he is sick!?! Plus, it seems he had forgotten about some homework that was due today. (yeah, right!)
Ok, so then I get the laundry going this morning and while I'm upstairs playing Chutes & Ladders with Brian unbeknownst to me the laundry tub drain clogs up and dirty, soapy, yucky water gets all over the basement floor. I happen to go downstairs to get something and by chance notice this HUGE mess and
So ... Garbage Diposal not working --> laundry drain clogging up --> laundry tub overflow --> wet basement floor and lots of STRESS!
Ok, so now I've recovered temporarily and after a whole bottle of liquid Draino (thank you Home Depot) the drain clears up. I can now continue with the laundry process. There is a fan on high speed helping the floor to dry. Now it's time to get Brian ready for school.
Fast forward to 11:30 am ... school bus not here ... hmmmm... school bus supposed to be here .... waiting waiting waiting ... noon ... no school bus yet. Aghhhhhh!!! So I go upstairs to get my keys, etc. so I can drive Brian to school. Come back downstairs and the window repair guy is at the door. I was expecting him at noon. He is right on time [of course!], but now I have to leave to take Brian to school. Again, aghhhhhhh!
I have been waiting for this window to be repaired for almost 2 months so I don't really want to send him away and reschedule. He says, no problem ... it will only take 5 minutes. (what?!?) Ok. Thanks! So he comes in and puts the new window in place but it won't lock properly. He fiddles with it for a while ... now it's nearly 12:15 and Brian's school starts in 10 minutes. I *really* have to go now or Brian'll be late for sure. So, since Ian is home sick, guess what? Ian gets to babysit the window guy while I run Brian over to school.
Ok, by the time I get back home (I think all the traffic lights were green) the window guy is gone. New window in place -- all fixed. Whew.
Let's see... it's still early yet (about 1:30 pm) so wonder what else is going to happen today.
Please, someone pass the chocolate!
1 comment:
I believe you like yours dark, and I just threw some to you. You should get it in a few days! WOW!! Great story, Katherine. YUCK! I'm glad things finally got settled down, though, and I HOPE your day only got better! (I'd think it couldn't get too much worse...)
Post a Comment