Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Free is Good + Going Green


Do you like to recycle? Do you like to get stuff for free? I do. About 3 years ago a good friend of mine told me about Freecycle. I am pleased to say that I have given away many old things (and some not so old things) that we were finished with and other people in our neighborhood have gotten lots of use out of them. The typical things I'm talking about were things that still had use and value, but not so much value that I wanted to spend a day (and a lot of hassle) doing a yard sale to try and sell. Anyway, if you have an attic with stuff, a basement with stuff, a kitchen with too many gadgets that you don't use, etc. etc. Freecycle is a great way to offload and simplify. On the flip side, I've also *gotten* a lot of cool stuff from Freecycle including a lawn mower (value about $150), patio furniture, toys, books, a lava lamp (maybe you don't think that's cool, but I do), a love seat slip cover that was brand new, etc. Freecycle is way cool. Check it out and save some stuff from the landfill.

1 comment:

LisAway said...

We sure have been on the receiving end of your generosity in recycling! Lots of clothes and toys that still make me think of you when we use them Okay, Evie outgrew the clothes a while ago, but they DID make us think of you!

This is SUCH a great idea! I love America. I don't think this would work in Poland. I sure wish it would, though! I think generally speaking, people don't buy something unless they are planning on using it until it dies.

Enjoy your free stuff! :)