Thursday, May 9, 2013
Heavy Load
Mother's Day is coming up in a few days. I've been thinking a lot about the many things my mother has done for me. I recognize and celebrate her for it. She is awesome! The above picture reminds me both of mothers and fathers. They work so hard and carry a heavy load with the hope that their children will come to recognize their valuable contribution to the family and want to become independent, take on adult responsibilities and take care of themselves. Basically, to follow their example. As parents, it's sometimes difficult to figure out exactly when your child should take on certain responsibilities. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Failure can be an effective teaching tool and avoiding it can be a great motivator for success, but nobody really wants to be set up for failure. And it's hard to watch your children fail at something. Anything.
There are some things that I need to stop doing. Hopefully the children will rise to the occasion, gain further understanding and make progress in their maturity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Post a Comment