Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Too Much Stuff?!

photo curtesy Peter Walsh show
How do people collect this much extra stuff????

I pay way more attention to real estate prices, sizes, etc. than I should.  We just did a re-finance on our little town house earlier this year and I'm really happy about that, but I can't help but wonder how our housing situation could be different if we lived in some other part of the country.  Somewhere that the housing prices are more affordable for families with only one income.  Ahhh, to be able to afford a home with a garage!  Even a place with 500-1,000 more square feet would be nice.  We could store our camping gear, holiday decorations and other misc stuff so we could easily access it.  I wouldn't feel so obligated to get rid of things all the time or to be organizing all the time.  We don't exactly have the same quantity of stuff that the family whose house Peter Walsh cleaned out (photo above) has, but we have our share.  Maybe more than we need.  Time to go review & purge ... again.

1 comment:

The Petersen Family said...

A family here recently held a garage sale as a benefit for a local charity.It was a great chance to get rid of unnecessary things and help teach my kids the value of giving.
I love that we move frequently so that I can dejunk on a regular basis.