Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Laziness Will Not Do


I can relate to this.  Just look who I married!  Husband's vocabulary is off the charts and my life is richer for having spent so much time with him.  He has exposed me to many interesting words.  A few immediately come to mind:  flummoxed, bifurcate, egregious and I can't think of the hundred others right at this moment but the list does go on.  I admit these were not words I used in my everyday speech when we first met.   Even now my daily conversations regularly consist mostly of sayings like, "Lean over your plate", "Put the milk back in the fridge", "Brush your teeth", "Time for bed", etc. because our children have learned to tune out my voice and I must repeat myself time and time again.  I am grateful that husband is fabulous at woo-ing me with his words and how lucky for me that I love the sound of his voice so that even if I don't understand the meaning of the words sometimes, I'm still enamored.  And he is definitely not lazy.  

No comments: