Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The UT (Unaccompanied Tour): First Days

The dreaded UT has begun.  Husband left for his one-year assignment in Kabul yesterday.  He's in Dubai for the night because forced layover.  Thank you Fly America Act.  (detect the sarcasm)

The rest of the family is staying in NoVA for the year, for obvious reasons.
We have summer plans that are keeping us busy.  Well, mostly busy.  Yesterday and again today the weather is unseasonably cool so son #2's morning swim lessons have been cancelled.  Apparently the pool was only 76 F and it needs to be warmer for safe swimming.  Meh.  (at least we can have the windows open)

Son #2 has an afternoon Chess camp all this week so he's having fun developing his mad chess skillz with other kids his age.  I managed to covertly snap this quick pic today when I dropped him off.  He was not interested in posing for better photos, so sorry his back is to the lens.



Son #2 really loves games.  I'm happy that he's willing to play games with real, living, breathing opponents rather than just computer games or solitaire style games.  He has been known to make up his own games, too.  It's a good way to develop the imagination and understanding of how the world works.

Daughter likes to attend Zumba classes in the morning so I've been handling the chauffeur duties.  Good thing I love my car.

I am patiently waiting for son #1 to get his license already.  (see what I did there?)
So impossible to rush teenagers to do anything.

I came across this today on FB and thought it fits how I'm feeling right now.



Especially that last part.  
(inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale)

I plan to concentrate on this message for a while.  If nothing else, it will provide an excuse for not cooking dinner for the next 90 days.  I prefer to eat a larger lunch and then skip dinner anyway.  Don't worry, the kids will still eat.

No comments: