Thursday, June 27, 2013
Peanut Butter Honey treats
Daughter loves honey. Loves it.
I love peanut butter. Love it.
Daughter and I were talking about summer jobs and I told her about a time when I babysat a couple little boys when I was a teenager. The parents went away over night someplace and the mom left some already prepared food items in the fridge for the boys and me. She made these peanut butter honey treats that were SO good. They weren't the only thing we ate, though, I think I made them macaroni & cheese or something simple for dinner. Daughter was intrigued by the idea, since she likes to put honey on pretty much anything. She found a recipe on the internet and we made a batch. Yum. They were gone so fast (both sons like them too, it turns out!) so I made another batch, this time with less of the powdered milk. The milk kinda makes them too crunchy, but you need it to keep the mixture together. PB & honey without the milk just makes a sloppy, runny mess. [I suppose you could do it that way, but they'd be PB & honey blobs instead -- and for sure, start with very cold PB]
Daughter is off to Youth Conference today. It's a 3-day trip to Palmyra, NY. She took a bag of these PB & honey snacks with her for the long bus ride. Wonder if she'll share?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment