Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DIY Bathroom Caulk Project

The bathroom in the basement, which daughter uses and is supposed to keep clean, needed some attention and TLC last week.  While daughter was away at girls camp, I removed all the old yucky caulk from around the tub and toilet and replaced it.  Also I took apart the plumbing fixtures and gave them a coating of CLR, scrubbed them and polished them up.  They look nice and shiny now.  The bathmat was also in dire need of replacement so I picked up a new one at Target.  Three hours later, bathroom facelift complete.  I think the muscles in my hands, lower back and legs recovered in about 48 hours, however, sitting on the narrow edge of the tub for that duration had my backside talking to me for several more days!  If only it weren't so humid in Virginia ... or if they had built these town homes with windows in the bathrooms.  The exhaust fans aren't quite doing the job.

ugly yucky stuff staining the corner

I've done three bathroom caulk replacement jobs this past year.
This is the longest single piece of old caulk I've been able to remove.
Most of the time it comes off in much smaller segments.

all spiffed up with fresh caulk!

fresh caulk around the tub, along the floor & around the toilet
and new bath mat
Welcome home from camp, daughter!

No comments: