Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Personal Space
Having lived in Asia for 4 1/2 years, which is home to more than half the world's population, I encountered a different definition of people's personal bubble and witnessed first hand what it's like to have what I perceive as my personal space reduced by at least half. I expected it in crowded Hong Kong, but it came as a surprise in Mongolia, where they have a huge amount of space for so very few people. In fact, I believe it is the nation with the least dense population on the planet. I'll have to go check that ....
Yep! According to WorldAtlas.com, Mongolia is at the top of the list.
Just for fun, here's the top 10:
See number three on the list? I LOVE that place! I would live there in a heartbeat. Husband knows and we might bid on it ... there is a job on the bid list right now in Canberra. Not sure if the timing is right or how much competition there is for it, though. And, we'd really like to get a linked assignment to Europe after the Kabul UT is over. Iceland would be nice, too, but the school only covers K-8 grades. That would be a problem since son #2 would either have to be home schooled (I'm not thrilled with that idea since it's High School) or go away to boarding school (also less than thrilled with that option). Managing all the information and variables during bidding season gives me a headache. I'll be glad when it's over and we know where we are going in 2015. For now, though, summer is here and it's time to enjoy all our favorite summertime activities. Headed to the library today! See you later ...
*UT = Unaccompanied Tour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment