Friday night we went to hear the US Army Band play their concert at Ft. Myer. It was originally scheduled to play on the steps of the US Capitol Building, but the weather didn't want to cooperate. We are acquainted with one of the euphonium players (he taught son #1 private euphonium lessons some years ago) in the band, so that made it extra special. If you want to know more, check out their event flyer. We've been to a few of these concerts in the past five years and really enjoy them. The musicians are top notch! And, the most exciting thing happened on the way out ... they were taking surveys and they asked me to do one and I did and they gave me a free Pershing's Own CD! Now I can put their music on my iPod. Happy face!
**Maybe I shouldn't mention that when we returned home, the parking lot was very full and someone had parked in our reserved spot. It was annoying. It made me feel like this:
Good thing the offender moved his vehicle within about 5 minutes so we didn't have to call a tow truck.




No comments:
Post a Comment